Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pre-K Winter Holiday Activities

As we learn about the winter holidays in pre-k we have done some fun and valuable activities.  One of them is making a stocking.  Students had to copy the shape of a stocking and then cut it out the first day.  This helped them to practice fine motor skills.  Then that night I used a hole puncher to punch the edge of the stockings and students laced the stockings the next day.  We used them to decorate some doorways in our classrooms.

We are also making gifts for parents.  They will be ornaments when they are completed, or simply something cute to hang up at home.  They put a hand print on paper and then there is a poem below the hand print.  I pasted a picture of the student in the middle of the palm and then laminated them.  I cut the hand out to look like a mitten and put a hole punch in the top which I laced pipe cleaner through.  They look really nice finished, but because it has a picture of my students I can not show the finished product, but this will give you an idea of what it will look like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment