Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Counting Sets 1-10 with QR codes

If you have tablets in your school a great way to use them is QR codes.  You can set the QR code to send students to a website, text, etc.  I wanted to create sets 1-10 for my students to count.  I first created a power point that had slides with a different number of animals on each slide.  Next I uploaded those pictures onto my google account.  After that I copied the image location of each picture and put the URL in QRme.com.  Then I copied each of the QR codes created and pasted them in a word document.  Next I printed the QR codes and cut them out and placed each one on a different color paper and laminated them.  Now they are ready to go.  Students used i-pads with a QR scan app on them and scanned each QR code, an image appeared on the screen and they counted the set of animals and let me know how many animal were on their screen.  They loved the magic of watching an image appear and they got experience with both counting and using technology.  Here is the link to my QR codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment